Sugar House close is a 300 Bedroom student accommodation that was developed for the Watkin Jones Group located in the UNESCO Edinburgh Old Town World Heritage Site. This site has won numerous design and planning awards and is regarded as an exemplar design by the city of Edinburgh Council.
Mark shared the project management with guru Mike Flynn a director at Watkin Jones and 2 other project managers.
Marks role include
- Grade A listed building refurbishment of the stonework and roofs in traditional scotch slate.
- Demolishing internal Kiln Houses and Chimney
- Installation of internal supporting steel work frames.
- Installation of rib deck and concrete floors
- Stud partitions and dry lining
- Underpinning buildings
- façade Retention
- New steel frame and cladding design and build
- Bespoke cladding and cassette systems
- Sash and case restoration and replacement
- Internal fit out to turnkey